Adding Related Posts to Jekyll Blogs
Stickyness is important on any site. Providing easy access to related posts is one way to improve stickyness. Here’s a simple way to achieve this on a Jekyll powered blog.
One of the easiest ways of relating posts to use tags. On a site that doesn’t have too many posts we can iterate over each of the posts and look to see if they share a tag with the current post.
Couple of items to be careful of:
- We only want to display each post once, so we need to break as soon as we find a matching tag
- We want to make sure we are not including the current post
- Adding an Edit Link to Github Pages in Jekyll
- Adding a Bing Search Box to a Website
- Schedule Jekyll Posts for Publication
- Adding a CSS GitHub Ribbon to a Jekyll Site
- Dockerizing a Jekyll Site
- Adding a Twitter Button to a Jekyll Blog
- Adding Twitter Cards to a Jekyll Site
- Creating a Jekyll Blog