Adding a Bing Search Box to a Website
GitHub pages provide no means for search and you can’t use Jekyll plugins, yet a site needs a search. So here’s a way to provide a Bing searchbox to a Jekyll generated website. Of course a Google, Yahoo! or whatever searchbox in some other form of website is just as easy.
First add the following HTML to a suitable location in your default.html layout.
Then add some CSS to your style.css file, in my case I used the following:
And your done.
- Adding Related Posts to Jekyll Blogs
- Adding an Edit Link to Github Pages in Jekyll
- Schedule Jekyll Posts for Publication
- Adding a CSS GitHub Ribbon to a Jekyll Site
- Dockerizing a Jekyll Site
- Adding a Twitter Button to a Jekyll Blog
- Adding Twitter Cards to a Jekyll Site
- Creating a Jekyll Blog