Adding Twitter Cards to a Jekyll Site
Twitter cards enable you to present more information to Twitter users who recieve a link to your site. Adding them to a Jekyll generated site is easy.
For my site all I needed to do was edit ‘_include/themese/twitter/default.html’ and add the following lines to the head section:
Since most of my pages (as opposed to posts) don’t have content they don’t have excerpts. This can be resolved by adding an excerpt value to the page Front Matter.
At present my site doesn’t contain any pictures, but it would be a good idea to include the “twitter:image” tag when a post contains an image.
- Adding Related Posts to Jekyll Blogs
- Adding an Edit Link to Github Pages in Jekyll
- Adding a Bing Search Box to a Website
- Schedule Jekyll Posts for Publication
- Adding a CSS GitHub Ribbon to a Jekyll Site
- Dockerizing a Jekyll Site
- Adding a Twitter Button to a Jekyll Blog
- Creating a Jekyll Blog